There is no roadmap to get through this foreign territory called divorce.
No one tells us what the terrain will be like up ahead.
And very few Christians want to be the tour guide.
Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt. He was their guide, their encourager, and intercessor. I believe when God removes a woman from an abusive marriage, He’s taking her out of the oppression (much like Egypt) through the desert wilderness, into the promised land, much like the Israelites. It’s not always an easy journey and sometimes we complain. But thankfully God is always there, to provide, protect, and give us strength.
Friend, I have been there! And I would love to walk with you on this journey… to healing and a redeemed life.
Does this sound like you?
- Do you wonder if you’ve made the right choices or if you should turn back?
- Are you hurting and not sure how to make it stop?
- Wondering if you are to blame for the abuse or the infidelity?
- Have you given up hope for healing or progress in your life?
- Not sure how you’ll survive?
Maybe you feel like this reader:
I’m not divorced, but trying to determine my next steps after discovering that my marriage of 17 years has been abusive. I found your videos on YouTube and I’m not sure what my next steps should be. Can I really heal after all that I’ve been through? Does God even care about me or my future?
If so, you’re not alone. All of us have felt this way.
The main purpose of this blog is to help Christian women to reclaim their hope (faith in God’s promises), find healing, and learn to live in peace (with boundaries) after divorce. Healing is multidimensional, gives us all the feelings, and brings up wounds from our past.
As we dig into our healing, find we’ve made lots of wrong turns along the way, and want to get back on track, it’s best to ask those who have walked this path before us. God allows U-turns and invites us back into His care. He wants to give you a hope and a purpose!
What will you find here (blog topics)?
- Divorce Topics
- Divorce & Abuse Healing Resources
- Betrayal Trauma
- Abuse Education
- Emotional Healing
- Authenticity, Boundaries, Faith, and more…
Want to join the Surviving Divorce community for extra support?
A little more about Jen.
Most popular posts.
- 7 Phases of Divorce Recovery
- Was I Married to a Narcissist?
- Heal Your Heart First (After Divorce)
- 10 Scripture Promises for the Divorced Woman
- Becoming a Strong Woman After Divorce
Help with your children?
- Dear Divorced Christian Mom
- Helping Your Children Through Divorce
- The Long Road to Abuse Recovery (With Kids)
- Mom, I Don’t Respect You
Need more encouragement?
You can stay connected and get involved in this community… to get your healing started…
Sign up for a FREE email series and/or for FREE printables:
- Focus on your healing, survival strategies, and reclaiming your life during your divorce with this Surviving Divorce Road Map series. (10 daily/total emails)
- Walk this tough journey with Ruth, as we see how God’s loving kindness provides, protects, and even rewards us for our faith, in the Walking with Ruth 5-Day Devotional series. (5 daily/total emails)
- Gain access to the Encouraging Printables Library which includes 10 Bible Verses to Keep You Encouraged, From Hurting to Healing Scripture Cards, and more, when you signup for emails. (2 daily emails)