**This blog contains affiliate links. Learn more about how that supports this ministry.**
Going through a separation or divorce? Wondering where to start?
This is the Ultimate List of Divorce & Abuse Healing Resources.
Keep in mind some of these resources will cost you a couple dollars or more. But I would not add them here unless I knew they were good for you… and your heart. You are worth the investment!! Furthermore, I might receive a small portion of the purchase to help keep this ministry going.
Divorce Healing (Christian Books)
- You Can Survive Divorce: Hope, Healing, and Encouragement for Your Journey by Jen Grice (Jen’s Books)
- When “I Do” Becomes “I Don’t” by Laura Petherbridge
- When Happily Ever After Shatters: Seeing God in the Midst of Divorce & Single Parenting by Sue Birdseye
- Flying Solo: A Journey of Divorce, Healing and a Very Present God by Denise Hildreth Jones
- Growing Through Divorce by Jim Smoke
Abuse Education & Healing
- Should I Stay or Should I Go?: A Guide to Knowing if Your Relationship Can–and Should–be Saved By Lundy Bancroft
- The Emotionally Destructive Marriage: How to Find Your Voice and Reclaim Your Hope by Leslie Vernick
- When Loving Him Is Hurting You: Hope and Help for Women Dealing With Narcissism and Emotional Abuse by David Hawkins (About this book)
- Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men by Lundy Bancroft
- When Dad Hurts Mom: Helping Your Children Heal the Wounds of Witnessing Abuse by Lundy Bancroft (More about this book HERE & HERE)
- Healing from Hidden Abuse: A Journey Through the Stages of Recovery from Psychological Abuse by Shannon Thomas (More about this book)
- Splitting: Protecting Yourself While Divorcing Someone with Borderline or Narcissistic Personality Disorder by Bill Eddy & Randi Kreger
Bible Study Resources
- Finding Hope After Divorce (40-Minute Bible Studies) by Kay Arthur
- Stronger – Bible Study Book: Finding Hope in Fragile Places by Angela Thomas
Surviving + Thriving as a Single Mom
- Co-parenting with a Toxic Ex: What to Do When Your Ex-Spouse Tries to Turn the Kids Against You by Amy J. L. Baker Ph.D. and Paul R Fine LCSW
- Suddenly Single Mom: 52 Messages of Hope, Grace, and Promise by Jeanette Hanscome
- My Single Mom Life: Stories and Practical Lessons for Your Journey by Angela Thomas
- The Unseen Companion: God With the Single Mother by Michelle Lynn Senters
- Single Moms From Striving to Thriving: 101 Success Tips by Dr. Gwendolyn Smith
Divorce & Abuse Recovery
Divorce Support Groups & Communities
Local Groups (search for meetings in your area)
- Divorce Care: This is a group Christian-based program that uses Scripture to walk you through your healing. They meet at local churches all across the United States.
- Other Local Divorce Groups: This is a page by Psychology Today to help you find a local divorce recovery group in your area.
- Divorce Support via MeetUp
- Parents Without Partners: Local groups and conventions for single parents to socialize.
- Single & Parenting: This is a group similar to the Divorce Care group posted above.
- Divorce Chat & Message Forum via Woman’s Divorce
- Breakups & Divorce Support Group via Daily Strength
- First Wives World
- Divorce Support Group
Counseling & Therapy
Find a Licensed Counselor or Therapist
- Search for a local therapist via Psychology Today
- Find a Counselor via the National Board of Certified Counselors
- Find a Counselor via the American Association of Christian Counselors
Find a Christian Divorce Mentor + Empowerment Coach
Planning & Organizational Resources
- Divorced Mom’s Complete Tool Kit: Create a divorce binder to help you stay confident and organized during a divorce and after.
- Divorce Survival Tool Kit: Be prepared to see a lawyer, discuss your situation and options, and be confident in the divorce hearings.
- Child Custody Tool Kit: Be prepared for custody hearings and co-parenting a young child after divorce.
- You Need a Budget: The Proven System for Breaking the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle, Getting Out of Debt, and Living the Life You Want (book) by Jesse Mecham
- YNAB (You Need a Budget) Software: Age your money (or pay ahead) instead of living paycheck to paycheck. (Learn why I love this program!)
- The Financial Empowerment Curriculum (FREE) from the Purple Purse Organization
Legal Advice & Help
- Seek all types of help from your local 211
- WomensLaw.org (Legal Information for Victims of Abuse/Information by State)
- LawHelp.org (Find Legal Help by State)
- Legal Aid/Pro Bono State Links (National Center for State Courts)
- Find FREE Legal Help (American Bar Association)
- How Do I Find a Lawyer?
- Divorce Settlement Forms (Legal Nature)
- Visitation Schedule Guidelines by State (Custody X Change)
Child Custody & Scheduling Resources
- Create a Child Custody Binder with this Toolkit
- The Trusted Tool for Parenting Schedules (Custody X Change)
- Court Approved Communication, Child Custody Made Simple, and Scheduling Help (Our Family Wizard)
Did I miss a divorce healing resource? Contact me.