**This blog contains affiliate links. Learn more about how that supports this ministry.**
Keep in mind that not all divorce and abuse healing resources available online or in-person is free from charge. Sometimes you have to invest in your healing and mental health to get to where you need and want to be. I would not add these here unless I knew they were good for you… and your heart healing. Your healing really is important to me and this ministry!
Additionally, if this ministry receives any income from the purchase of any resources below, all of it goes back into keeping this ministry going. Thank you!
Divorce Healing (Christian Books)
- You Can Survive Divorce: Hope, Healing, and Encouragement for Your Journey by Jen Grice (Jen’s Books)
- When “I Do” Becomes “I Don’t” by Laura Petherbridge
- When Happily Ever After Shatters: Seeing God in the Midst of Divorce & Single Parenting by Sue Birdseye
- Flying Solo: A Journey of Divorce, Healing and a Very Present God by Denise Hildreth Jones
- Growing Through Divorce by Jim Smoke
Abuse Education & Healing
- Should I Stay or Should I Go?: A Guide to Knowing if Your Relationship Can–and Should–be Saved By Lundy Bancroft
- The Emotionally Destructive Marriage: How to Find Your Voice and Reclaim Your Hope by Leslie Vernick
- When Loving Him Is Hurting You: Hope and Help for Women Dealing With Narcissism and Emotional Abuse by David Hawkins (About this book)
- Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men by Lundy Bancroft
- When Dad Hurts Mom: Helping Your Children Heal the Wounds of Witnessing Abuse by Lundy Bancroft (More about this book HERE & HERE)
- Healing from Hidden Abuse: A Journey Through the Stages of Recovery from Psychological Abuse by Shannon Thomas (More about this book)
- Splitting: Protecting Yourself While Divorcing Someone with Borderline or Narcissistic Personality Disorder by Bill Eddy & Randi Kreger
Bible Study Resources
- Finding Hope After Divorce (40-Minute Bible Studies) by Kay Arthur
- Stronger – Bible Study Book: Finding Hope in Fragile Places by Angela Thomas
Surviving + Thriving as a Single Mom
- Co-parenting with a Toxic Ex: What to Do When Your Ex-Spouse Tries to Turn the Kids Against You by Amy J. L. Baker Ph.D. and Paul R Fine LCSW
- Suddenly Single Mom: 52 Messages of Hope, Grace, and Promise by Jeanette Hanscome
- My Single Mom Life: Stories and Practical Lessons for Your Journey by Angela Thomas
- The Unseen Companion: God With the Single Mother by Michelle Lynn Senters
- Single Moms From Striving to Thriving: 101 Success Tips by Dr. Gwendolyn Smith
Divorce & Abuse Recovery – Including Learning Boundaries
Divorce Support Groups & Communities
Local Groups (search for meetings in your local area)
- Divorce Care: This is a group Christian-based program that uses Scripture to walk you through your healing. They meet at local churches all across the United States.
- Other Local Divorce Groups: This is a page by Psychology Today to help you find a local divorce recovery group in your area.
- Divorce Support via MeetUp
- Parents Without Partners: Local groups and conventions for single parents to socialize.
- Single & Parenting: This is a group similar to the Divorce Care group posted above.
- Stronger Woman After Divorce Group Coaching Program (For women after legal divorce and physical separation) via Jen Grice
- Womans Divorce Forum via Woman’s Divorce
- Breakups & Divorce Support Group via Daily Strength
- First Wives World
- Divorce – Support Groups
Counseling & Therapy
Find a Licensed Counselor or Therapist
- Search for a local therapist via Psychology Today
- Find a Counselor via the National Board of Certified Counselors
- Find a Counselor via the American Association of Christian Counselors
Find a Christian Divorce Mentor + Empowerment Coach
Planning & Organizational Resources
- Divorced Mom’s Complete Tool Kit: Create a divorce binder to help you stay confident and organized during a divorce and after.
- Divorce Survival Tool Kit: Be prepared to see a lawyer, discuss your situation and options, and be confident in the divorce hearings.
- Child Custody Tool Kit: Be prepared for custody hearings and co-parenting a young child after divorce.
- You Need a Budget: The Proven System for Breaking the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle, Getting Out of Debt, and Living the Life You Want (book) by Jesse Mecham
- YNAB (You Need a Budget) Software: Age your money (or pay ahead) instead of living paycheck to paycheck. (Learn why I love this program!)
- The Financial Empowerment Curriculum (FREE) from the Purple Purse Organization
Legal Help, Advice, & Services
- Seek all types of help from your local 211
- WomensLaw.org (Legal Information for Victims of Abuse/Information by State)
- Professionals Director (Divorceify)
- LawHelp.org (Find Legal Help by State)
- Legal Aid/Pro Bono State Links (National Center for State Courts)
- Find FREE Legal Help (American Bar Association)
- How Do I Find a Lawyer?
- Divorce Settlement Forms (Legal Nature)
- Visitation Schedule Guidelines by State (Custody X Change)
Child Custody & Scheduling Resources
- Create a Child Custody Binder with this Toolkit
- The Trusted Tool for Parenting Schedules (Custody X Change)
- Court Approved Communication, Child Custody Made Simple, and Scheduling Help (Our Family Wizard)