**This blog contains affiliate links. Learn more about how that supports this ministry.**
Going through a separation or divorce?
Wondering where to start?
This is the Ultimate List of Divorce Healing Resources.
Keep in mind some of these resources will cost you a couple dollars or more. But I would not add them here unless I knew they were good for you… and your heart. You are worth the investment!! Furthermore, I might receive a small portion of the purchase to help keep this ministry going. Thank you!
Divorce Healing (Christian Books)
- You Can Survive Divorce: Hope, Healing, and Encouragement for Your Journey by Jen Grice
- When “I Do” Becomes “I Don’t” by Laura Petherbridge
- When He Leaves: Help and Hope for Hearting Wives by Kari West & Noelle Quinn
- When Happily Ever After Shatters: Seeing God in the Midst of Divorce & Single Parenting by Sue Birdseye
- Flying Solo: A Journey of Divorce, Healing and a Very Present God by Denise Hildreth Jones
- Christian Chick’s Guide to Surviving Divorce – What Your Girlfriends Would Tell You If They Knew What To Say by Suzanne Reeves
- Growing Through Divorce by Jim Smoke
Abuse Education & Healing
- Should I Stay or Should I Go?: A Guide to Knowing if Your Relationship Can–and Should–be Saved By Lundy Bancroft
- The Emotionally Destructive Marriage: How to Find Your Voice and Reclaim Your Hope by Leslie Vernick
- When Loving Him Is Hurting You: Hope and Help for Women Dealing With Narcissism and Emotional Abuse by David Hawkins
- Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men by Lundy Bancroft
- When Dad Hurts Mom: Helping Your Children Heal the Wounds of Witnessing Abuse by Lundy Bancroft
- The Christian’s Guide to No Contact: How to End Your Relationships With Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Abusive Family and Friends, and Still be a Good Christian by Sister Renee Pittelli
- Healing from Hidden Abuse: A Journey Through the Stages of Recovery from Psychological Abuse by Shannon Thomas (My review of this book.)
- Splitting: Protecting Yourself While Divorcing Someone with Borderline or Narcissistic Personality Disorder by Bill Eddy & Randi Kreger
Bible Study Resources
- Finding Hope After Divorce (40-Minute Bible Studies) by Kay Arthur
- Divorce Care: Hope, Help, and Healing During and After Your Divorce by Steve Grissom & Kathy Leonard
- Luke: Discovering Healing in Jesus’ Words to Women (Discover Together Bible Study Series) by Sue Edwards
- Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible with Both Our Hearts and Our Minds by Jen Wilkin
- Stronger – Bible Study Book: Finding Hope in Fragile Places by Angela Thomas
Surviving & Thriving as a Single Mom
- My Single Mom Life: Stories and Practical Lessons for Your Journey by Angela Thomas
- God Loves Single Moms: Practical Help for Finding Confidence, Strength, and Hope by Teresa Whitehurst
- Single Moms From Striving to Thriving: 101 Success Tips by Dr. Gwendolyn Smith
Divorce & Abuse Recovery
Divorce Support Groups & Communities
Local Groups (search for meetings in your area)
- Divorce Care: This is a group Christian-based program that uses Scripture to walk you through your healing. They meet at local churches all across the United States.
- Other Local Divorce Groups: This is a page by Psychology Today to help you find a local divorce recovery group in your area.
- Divorce Support via MeetUp
- Parents Without Partners: Local groups and conventions for single parents to socialize.
- Single & Parenting: This is a group similar to the Divorce Care group posted above.
- DivorcedMoms.com Forum
- Divorce Support Group
- Divorce Chat & Message Forum via Woman’s Divorce
- Online Community Forum via Picket Fences Divorce Recovery Ministries
- Breakups & Divorce Support Group via Daily Strength
- First Wives World
Counseling & Therapy
Find a Licensed Counselor or Therapist
- Search for a local therapist via Psychology Today
- Find a Counselor via the National Board of Certified Counselors
- Find a Counselor via the American Association of Christian Counselors
Find a Christian Divorce Mentor & Empowerment Coach
Planning & Organizational Resources
Personal Organization & Time Management
- Divorce Survival Digital Tool Kit: Create a divorce binder to help you stay confident and organized during divorce.
- Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: Online Course with Crystal Paine of Money Saving Mom.
- Make Over Your Mornings: To get control of those chaotic mornings with Money Saving Mom.
- Make Over Your Evenings: To bring peace to your nighttime routine with Money Saving Mom.
- Make Over Your Year: Goal setting with Crystal Paine of Money Saving Mom.
- Conquer Your Clutter Super Bundle (Worth over $658): Say goodbye to disorganization with this huge bundle of books, courses, and organizational tools.
- Grocery Budget Makeover: Cut your grocery bill in half.
- Grocery University: Listen and learn how to stretch your grocery budget further.
- Budget Tips for Single Moms (article) by Dave Ramsey
- Surviving Financially During Divorce (video) with Dave Ramsey for Divorce Care
Legal Advice & Help
- Find a Pro Bono lawyer (Contact your local American Bar Association)
- Divorce Settlement Forms from LegalNature
- Find a Lawyer in 3 FREE Easy Steps from Legal Services Link
- Visitation Schedule Guidelines by State from Custody X Change
Child Custody & Scheduling Resources
- The Trusted Tool for Parenting Schedules from Custody X Change
- Court Approved Communication, Child Custody Made Simple, and Scheduling Help from Our Family Wizard
Did I miss a divorce healing resource? Contact me.